I chuckled at the comments over at “The Verge” (source article at end of post) about Apple’s naming conventions and the obsession around it. Apple’s is creaking and leaking like a broken ship as the article “drips” with speculative wonder. LOL
Like the Verge, I am talking about Apple today on BIG announcement day. I guess this makes me evil too. :-) However, the strategy is simple. Write about Apple today, gain some Google juice goodness and get some traffic and buzz about Apple and yourself if you’re a big media article factory. ;-)
Media properties and bloggers talk about Apple because the traffic dictates it. Not only in positive commentary, or speculative talk, but also in ranting and anti-Apple chants. That’s juicy for digital properties that rely on traffic, community and stickiness.
No one would write about Apple unless there was some direct effect. Given the “buzz” about Apple today and events leading up today, why would we speculate on naming conventions and the obsession? BECAUSE Apple is feeding the media digerati, that’s why.
The Verge’s own article spends a great deal of time with speculation, “hot finds” about iPhone tags and references on Apple.com’s own search engine. LOL. We even get some speculative sauce on this “mishap” even after Tim Cook said at D10 that Apple is “doubling down on secrecy”! How could Apple be so lazy?! :-)
Maybe the SERP on Apple.com was an honest mistake with the web tech’s over at Apple Online — or maybe it was DELIBERATE. Afterall, it did generate an article that has generated 247 comments with a ton more re-tweeted or socially-shared in some way, shape or form.
Feels like Pavlov’s classical conditioning to me. :-) Feed a few breadcrumbs to generate enough speculative content and you have a tidal wave of content and community discussion. Sounds like Apple’s playing a perfect, indirect game of content marketing for the masses. All for free. :D
Just wait until you get a chance to race through smurf village (Apple Store) with the “Woo Hoo! iPhone 5!” slogan. :D
- Apple Store is down: iPhone 5 incoming! (slashgear.com)
- iPhone 5′s New Dock Connector To Be Called ‘Lightning’, New Earphones Called ‘Earpod’ [Rumor] (cultofmac.com)
- ‘iPhone 5′ seemingly confirmed by Apple as new iPhone’s name, LTE confirmed as well (bgr.com)
- Former Apple exec: ‘Apple haven’t invented anything’ (bgr.com)
- iPhone design: Documents from the Samsung trial reveal more than ever about Apple’s secretive design process. - Slate Magazine (slate.com)
- Samsung’s Built a Whole New Fake Apple Store Just to Take the Piss Out of Apple (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Apple Store goes down ahead of Apple announcement (9to5mac.com)
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- alexanderbosika posted this