Folks, lots and lots of momentum with Team Blackberry. Why not take a look at some of the big new items from the land of the Blackberry.
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10:
- Launch of BES 10: http://blck.by/U4f14e
- License Trade Up Program: http://blck.by/Wigh2A
- Application management : http://blck.by/YHffQ8
- What’s happening with BES Express: http://blck.by/Xpgpeh
- Intro to BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10: http://blck.by/WE6RLo
- BlackBerry 10 Pricing and Availability: http://blck.by/ThJ0UN
- BlackBerry Balance: http://blck.by/WVGtxE
- BBM video chat and BBM screen sharing: http://blck.by/Vxk7mD
- Business Apps: http://blck.by/UHbeaR
- BlackBerry 10 Security: http://blck.by/UHbqaf
- Box on BlackBerry 10 Offer: http://blck.by/UHbwOW
Transitions to BES10 and BB10?
Go to BlackBerry 10 Readiness Services: http://blck.by/WE2m69
Don’t forget to join the:
Live will provides hands-on time with Blackberry 10 and an opportunity for deeper insights on technology and mobile strategies.
Have a great weekend!
I have to admit, I haven’t been able to catch-up on all the reading but wow, what a turn of events.
- 3 months ago, folks like CNN.com would not even report about RIM (now known as Blackberry) and spent more time over-delivering on Apple news
- 3 months ago, the media bickered along about RIM being D.O.A. and there would be no hope
- 3 months ago, a “leaked” Q10 photo (BB with physical keyboard) was distributed through portals like Mashable and social commentary was all over it about “how RIM was dead and so passe” because of a “physical keyboard” - pfft!
FAST FORWARD - BB10 Launch January 30th
Here’s the high-level:
- BB10 launch goes off with a high — Z10 could be contender against established Android and iOS platforms
- CNN reports…
- Engadget reports…
- Mashable reports…
- TechCrunch reports…
- Globe and Mail and National Post (formerly known as Negative) reports…
- and every Tom, Dick or Harry that reported months previous about a ‘dead company’ reports on the windfall of booming news…
GIVE ME A BREAK! Talk about a Maple Leafs Bandwagon!
And here’s the bigger kick! Why is the topic of a Q10 physical keyboard device being ‘late’ such a “burning” issue today? Oh, so suddenly, the ‘old stalwart’ is IN DEMAND again?!! Go figure!
Today’s media and everyone in social media has some lousy darn excuse to complain about EVERYTHING.
Now, we’re getting the whiny types, media types, and so-called ‘analysts’ talking about a BIG BLOW that Blackberry will face by ignoring the U.S. market with a delayed delivery of the new devices.
Let’s play ‘hunch theory’:
- RIM has the loyal base of ‘keyboard junkies’ so they CAN WAIT and they’ll have their Q10 device
- RIM is launching in LOYAL markets where popularity reigns is much greater - Canada, etc etc
Why would RIM serve a market that isn’t top-of-mind with consumers first? So that they can poo-poo it? Makes more sense to serve RIM’s loyal markets FIRST, build a groundswell of support and upgrades, and get that BB10 app ecosystem thriving since it is drowning with 170,000 apps (compared to 7 O/S, this is a bounty!)
But there is a bigger picture. U.S. Telecom. They’re gatekeepers and RIM is a very STRONG partner with telecom providers. Perhaps the BEST of the bunch.
Android/Samsung and Apple? Strong, but not really strong PARTNERS - they used telecom as a ‘dump pipe’ and nothing more.
Remember, RIM/Blackberry tested these devices with 50 telecom providers worldwide and each carrier has its own product launch plans, and promotional budgets to co-market and brand the new goods.
If we look deeper into this, it is quite likely that:
- The ‘launch’ was too early for the product plans of the U.S. telecom providers
- U.S. telecom did not want to alienate existing partnerships (Apple, Android) and is staging this state-side for the PROPER launch that it deserves and the push Blackberry will need in this market (Apple/Samsung, anyone?)
It doesn’t hurt to create buzz, restrict supply, and cause a bit of panic or ‘lust’ with a large U.S. population. RIM Blackberry’s Superbowl campaign should also be indicative enough the company is serious about a U.S. market entry.
Further, CIO’s are on-side. Mobile Fusion is there. And so on and so on. Besides, telecom wants RIM Blackberry to be a ‘comeback kid’ because it gives telecom something they used to have - ‘leverage’. They do not want to be owned by iOS and Android juggernauts and RIM/BB10 could be the third wheel that everyone was clamouring about as a Windows Mobile ‘given’.
Consumer interest and developer interest are KEY for Z10. Q10 is a given with existing keyboard junkies. If traction and pre-registration excitement leads to a bounty in first-release markets, that’s the kind of buzz Blackberry is going to need.
Of course, I could be entirely off base with this speculative bunk but I think the folks at Blackberry are much smarter with strategy and execution than ever before and these machinations are starting to look (I hate to compare) Apple-execution-like to making a serious dent in our current universe views.
After all, we were slammed last year with analyst reports from IDC talking about a Windows Mobile demolition derby by 2015, surpassing Apple, and chipping at Android but nothing was ever said about ‘Black’.
There are two companies I remain very loyal to. Apple and Blackberry. Both are fruit companies. And I love fruit but don’t go fruitarian because Ashton was hospitalized with some crazy pancreatic nonsense. You’ve been warned! (lol)
In the end, always loved Blackberry and Apple products and always will.
For the part-time social media armchair critics that suddenly think they know everything about RIM and Blackberry - good luck to you. I hope it is paying your grocery bill. Start clipping the coupons because your day is coming.
I like underdogs. The very things that are happening to Team Blackberry are the very things Apple faced in the dark days after John Sculley.
A real test of spirit is whether a company can corral its troops and rebound from such a pathetic onslaught of negativity to make a dent and bring back some stability.
GUESS WHO is on the pre-order list for the Z10? You got it. To the rest of you, grow some coconuts or coco puffs. Your choice.
Team #RIM #BLACKBERRY begins their reboot with an extremely powerful platform. #BB10Believe.
Note: Have spies in the field BBM’ing me screenshots. ;-)