MacDaddy’s here. :D
What a hilarious charge against our gadget addiction. Who me, addicted? Ask my lady - LOL. That said, Bezos mentioned that people don’t want devices/gadgets but they want services. Um, maybe Jeff but the reality is that you’re part of the same game.
LOL … iPhone 3G! The line cheering is Apple’s smart way of capitalizing on the attention-lusting populace living in a media-drenched world. Not too far off from that institution famous for attracting actors into religion. Hmm…what tribe do you belong to?
[LOL] Welcome. Shoot me. I am just as bad as the news media (CNN!) for using crazy headlines that have NOTHING to do with the article. Well, this one is somewhat related. However, it’s not Tim Cook’s fault. I like Tim Cook. Even E.T. likes Tim Cook. He isn’t trying to hospitalize me. Only the software is.
This is another “What Would Alex Bosika Do?” segment. :-)
- Screens: 9 maximum
- Folders: 140 maximum
- Apps per Folder: 12 maximum
- Total Apps on iPhone: 2160 apps
- Screens: 9 maximum
- Folders: 220 maximum
- Apps per Folder: 20 maximum
- Total Apps for iPad: 4400 apps
With the introduction of iOS4, Apple introduced FOLDERS. Folders allows extremely organized people to sort apps to their own drum beat. That said, a few interesting things happen if you don’t organize yourself early.
- If you exceed 9 screens with individual apps, any other apps are only accessible with iOS (Spotlight?) search - which is terribly inaccurate at times
- Sorting many individualized apps into folders can lead to quiet desperation, intense hospitalization or seizure and strokes (OK, I am kidding. Don’t sue me Apple!) That said, the sorting process can be quite painful
- There is no iTunes desktop client sorting feature that I am aware which could help you sort you apps into folders more easily and more quickly than using gestures on the iPhone
- Surprisingly (I am pretty sure of this), Apple has not implemented some kind of magic sort that scans your entire iPhone device and by default sorts by genre/category, file size or alphabetical order into folders auto-magically
This sounds like a lot of work for a company that popularized the APP ecosystem and is generally considered logical when it comes to the gracefulness of their technology and software.
Think about us app-aholics!
Before you know it, they’ll put me on Shutter Island or worse the Hoarders reality television program! Look at me, I’m a mess. :-) At 554 apps and counting, I’m in need of another hit. Help me organize my app life.
- Apple launches dedicated Podcasts app for iPhone, iPad (ipodnn.com)
- Apple’s AirPlay is the Future of TV (ivannelson.com)
- Android Getting Crushed By iOS In App Retention (appadvice.com)
- Apple could face ban on U.S. imports of iPhone and iPad (intomobile.com)
- Apple Keynote: Tim Cook Unveils iOS 6 and More [LIVE BLOG] (mashable.com)
- Tim Cook at D10 (macstories.net)
- Facebook for iOS due for a big speed update (imore.com)
- How Apple Is Going To Resurrect And Revolutionize Podcasts In iOS 6 (cultofmac.com)
- iOS Apps Retain Way More Users Than Android Apps (cultofmac.com)
- Why the Next iPhone Won’t Be 16:9 (gizmodo.com)